TOP 15 HOUSE TRACKS OF MARCH 2018
Maya Jane Coles tops the chart with her scorching remix of KDA’s “Hate Me.”
March usually brings a large chunk of the Summer anthems and bangers so don't just consider this chart the best of the past month. Think of it more as a forecast of which tracks are likely to stick around for a while like Kolsch's ultra-melodic "Left Eye Left," Riva Starr's thumping update of "Needin U," and of course the irresistibly, deep remix of "Hate Me" provided by Maya Jane Coles.
1. “HATE ME (MAYA JANE COLES REMIX)” – KDA FEAT. PATRICK CASH [BMG]
Dance music's most thought provoking track of 2017 gets a deeper revision from the one and only Maya Jane Coles.
2. “NEEDIN’ U (RIVA STARR REMIX)” – DAVID MORALES PRESENTS THE FACE [SNATCH! RECORDS]
Twenty year nostalgia really is a thing according to Riva Starr who gives the legendary David Morales' 1998 Ibiza anthem a tiny make-over by slowing the tempo and injecting a stronger kick.
3. “LEFT EYE LEFT” – KOLSCH [KOMPAKT]
Kolsch just keeps pushing out one brilliant tune after another and "Left Eye Left" is just more proof that he's more than able to consistently craft nearly perfect pieces of electronic music.
4. “OPAL (FOUR TET REMIX)” – BICEP [NINJA TUNE]
Four Tet has nearly elevated his status to mythical with absolutely gorgeous remixes like this one 4/4 revision he's done of Bicep's "Opal" which has been very well received all across the board.
5. “INTERGALACTIC PLASTIC” – LUTTRELL [ANJUNADEEP]
Former member of The M Machine, Luttrell returns to Anjunadeep with another release that's rich with deep and lush melodies which perfectly capture the essence of the label.
6. “SANDS OF TIME” – FREDDY BE & SAVI LEON [NEW VIOLENCE RECORDS]
L.A. stalwart, Freddy Be teams up with Savi Leon for yet another quality collaboration and the result is this deep-pumper they've titled "Sands Of Time."
7. “TRUE (MICHAEL MAYER REMIX)” – SASHA FEAT. DEMS [LATE NIGHT TALES]
Clocking in at a very cozy 125BPM is this prog-heavy revision of Sasha's very superb "True" which was released late last year as a stand alone single on Late Night Tales. Also, included with this outstanding Michael Mayer remix are two other versions from Garden City Movement and Theo Kottis.
8. “CASPIAN (SAAND REMIX)” – DORUK GALAP [PETRA DIGITAL RECORDINGS]
L.A. based producer, SAAND takes Doruk Galap's "Caspian" to the next level by softening the kick and adding a whole lot of percussion. A sure-fire recipe to burn a hole right in the middle of the dance-floor.
9. “FLASH” – LA MARINE [KOMPAKT]
The 102nd edition of Kompakt's Speicher series includes this remarkable composition by a virtually unknown producer by the name of La Marine.
10. “PANIC ROOM (CAMELPHAT CLUB MIX)” – CAMELPHAT & AU/RA [RCA]
Camelphat hit the jackpot with "Cola" last Summer but more recently they've achieved pop excellence here on "Panic Room." An outstanding vocal tune they've put together with a brand new vocalist who's billed herself simply as Au/Ra.
11. “HOUSE DIMENSION (DARIO D’ATTIS REMIX)” – MILK & SUGAR FEAT. RON CARROLL [MILK & SUGAR]
House Music aficionados, Steven Harding and Michael Kronenberger aka Milk & Sugar are back on their own storied imprint with Ron Carroll on vocals preaching about the lack of authenticity in this beloved genre. It's uplifting, very real, and oh so groovy. Especially, the driving remix included here by none other than Dario D'Attis.
12. “SERIOUS” – RICH NXT [FUSE LONDON]
Apparently Seth Troxler and The Martinez Brothers have been hammering this since late last Summer but now we all have the liberty to funk and bump to this ridiculous good groove.
13. “DEEP DIP” – DETLEF FT. DAJAE [RELIEF]
Detlef is back on Relief with yet another jam to sample the quintessential Murk classic, "Fired Up!"
14. “WE GET HIGH FROM THE MUSIC” – MARK KNIGHT FEAT. MR V [TOOLROOM]
Toolroom's big boss, Mark Knight enlisted Mr V for some serious mic skills on this blazing hot floor-burner.
15. “WHAT DID I TELL YA” – JULIET SIKORA & RETURN OF THE JADED [RELIEF]
Relief's second appearance on the mighty house chart is a boisterous one perfectly suited to round out the best of March.